Friday, May 30, 2008

Why do my eyes keep watering?

Okay today was kindergarten graduation for my little man. I cannot believe it-it seems just like yesterday I was holding him in my arms-and today there he goes already a first grader! I cried the first day of school and today before I went I told myself I was going to hold it together-because my little man told me last night as I was putting him to bed that he promised that he would live with us forever-
he asked me if he HAD to get married and he said he would much rather live here forever, besides he said Dad just put in that new basketball hoop-I can never leave.
Well, needless to say I cried-Molly's slideshow put me to tears time and time again-Everyone always told me before I became a parent that it goes by way too fast-I love these times because it makes me realize that time does fly by and you really need to enjoy each moment!
The cards are pictures of a new set I have been working on. They are all felt-kind of like the ones in the new HOME and HEART issue-thanks Stephanie for the inspiration! It has been a lot of fun working on these!
I hope you are all having a good weekend!

3 comments:

Lisa Bearnson said...

Carrie,

Your post made me cry! I went to Angela's daughter's high school graduation tonight and cried there. Only one more year until my Kade will be graduating. I loved the comment about the basketball hoop!

You're the best. Miss you!

Lisa

Angela said...

It's so hard to see them get older. It seems like just yesterday I was crying about my baby going to school, and now I'm crying because I don't want her to enter those teenage years.

Anonymous said...

We should have a great day today.