Monday, May 5, 2008

ALMOST got scammed-a must read post

Okay, for all of you that know me, know that I love Yorkies-I want a female-my friend Julie also wants a female. While looking for the both of us I found a free ad, if you pay shipping. So, the bargain hunter that I am I e-mailed the contact and come to find out they are in Cameroon- (which is in Africa) The person claimed to have a boy and a girl. They wanted $330 for the cost of the two dogs and the airfare. This was a screaming deal-so the person and I e-mailed back and forth all day. Strange; they wanted the money forwarded asap so that they could make airplane arrangements.
So I called my friend Julie about our possible new "Teddy and Tina" yorkies from Africa. She called her sister in law who said-you need to google; Dog Scams-
So I did and SURE enough-big alerts-dog scams from Africa-people were never getting dogs after sending the money-
Good thing we listened to Julies sister in law-or I would be $330 short and still waiting for a dog who would never come.
I guess the saying is true; If its too good to be true it probably is.
I am too trusting of people!! WATCH OUT FOR THIS SCAM AND DON'T EVER BUY A PUPPY THIS WAY!!!(the person had pic. and eveything that they probably downloaded from the internet)

No comments: