Thursday, May 15, 2008

Enough to Melt my Heart!

Tonight my little man ran in his first track meet. He ran the 400 yd dash-and took
3rd place and ran the 50 yd dash and took 2nd place. He was very proud of his ribbons. When we got home he just melted my heart; he said to us, even though I have arthritis I am still really fast. My husband and I both agreed, you are fast-and he said-I don't care that I have arthritis I am just happy to be alive. A lot to come from a 6 year old. Too much for his mom who has been a nervous wreck all day. He competes with kids from all over and dosen't know anybody, and what if he falls on the track, trips over a shoe-lace, comes in last, drops the baton??? Oh being a mother is something else. But you know what he did better than I and after his comment about being thankful that he's alive-so am I and thankful for the wonderful family-and group of friends I am surrounded by. Thank you little man for reminding me what's important.
I will be away from blogging for a few days-we are having a girls weekend scrapbook retreat!!! It is Ambers birthday and we are going to scrap for 3 days-can't wait-I will post pic. when I come back!! I hope you all have a great weekend!!

2 comments:

Angela said...

What a sweet little guy. I'll miss ya. Tell Amber happy birthday.
Angela

Anonymous said...

Alla hu akhbar!!!